(WFXR) — Inflation rates have reached a four-decade high of 8.6% and people across the country are feeling it in their wallets.
According to AARP, these areas have seen price increases:
- USDA reports grocery prices are up 10% in the past year
- Consumer price index reports energy costs rose 30.3% between April 2021 and April 2022
- Consumer price index reports airline ticket prices jumped 18.6% in April
- eMarketer company reports global online sales are expected to reach $5.5 trillion in 2022
- Nielsen reports median American household subscribes to three streaming services and pays $20 to $29.99 per month
Neil Wertheimer, deputy editor of AARP Bulletin and Magazine spoke with WFXR News about money-saving tips to help during inflation and rising prices.
How do you recommend people save money on their energy bills?
Are retired people struggling with increasing prices than most people?
How can people save money on groceries?
How does paying with a specific card help?
Is it possible to save money while on vacation?
How can you save money when it comes to subscription services?
How do you save money with inflation and rising prices?
For more information about money-saving tips head to the AARP website.
Read complete post here: